Worker, 29, dies after being electrocuted at Leamington greenhouse
Published Monday, November 19, 2018 12:01PM EST
Last Updated Monday, November 19, 2018 7:20PM EST
A 29-year-old man has died after being electrocuted at greenhouse in Leamington.
OPP, EMS and Leamington firefighters responded to the industrial accident at a greenhouse operation in the 800 block of Mersea Road 4 on Monday around 9:30 a.m.
The Ministry of Labour has begun an investigation.
Ministry Spokesperson, Janet Deline says EMS attended the Great Lakes Greenhouse after a report a worker was injured while working on an electrical panel.
The worker was transported to the hospital.
Police say he was electrocuted and has succumbed to his injuries.
His identity has not been released.
Great Lakes Greenhouses is a sprawling 90-acre facility near Highway 77. According to its website the company is the largest grower of hydroponic cucumbers in North America.
This is the second fatal industrial accident in Windsor-Essex in 2018.
A 24-year-old man was killed in April at Prestressed Systems on Walker Road.