24 new COVID-19 cases reported in Windsor-Essex, no new deaths
Windsor-Essex County Health Unit office in Windsor, Ont., on Friday, Sept. 18, 2015. (Alana Hadadean / CTV Windsor)
WINDSOR, ONT. -- The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit is reporting 24 new cases of COVID-19 and no new deaths.
The death toll related to COVID-19 is at 426 people.
Windsor-Essex has had a total of 16,460 confirmed cases of the virus, including 15,768 people who have recovered.
WECHU says there are 226 active cases, with 129 cases identified as Variants of Concern. There are 18 people with confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the hospital and five people are in the ICU.
HERE’S THE BREAKDOWN OF NEW CASES:
- 11 cases are close contacts of confirmed cases
- 8 cases are community acquired
- 1 is outbreak related
- 13 cases are still under investigation.
OUTBREAKS IN THE REGION:
- 10 workplaces are in COVID-19 outbreak
- 1 community outbreak.
WINDSOR-ESSEX RESIDENTS VACCINATED:
- 234,858 WEC residents have received at least one dose of a vaccine
- 213,239 WEC residents have received only 1 dose of a vaccine
- 21,619 WEC residents have received both doses of a vaccine
- A total of 256,477 doses have been administered to WEC residents.