Two new deaths, 45 new COVID-19 cases reported in Windsor-Essex
The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit in Windsor, Ont.,on Monday, Nov.2, 2020. (Chris Campbell / CTV Windsor)
WINDSOR, ONT. -- The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit is reporting 45 new cases of COVID-19 and two new deaths on Tuesday.
WECHU says two men from the community died – one was in his 70s and one was in his 80s.
The death toll related to COVID-19 has reached 448 people.
Windsor Regional Hospital is reporting 12 people with COVID in hospital - six are unvaccinated, five are vaccinated and one is partially vaccinated. There are six people in the WRH ICU, four are unvaccinated, one is vaccinated and one is partially vaccinated.
At Erie Shores Healthcare on Sept. 13, there were five unvaccinated COVID patients in hospital and one who are vaccinated/partially vaccinated.
Windsor-Essex has had a total of 19,070 confirmed cases of the virus, including 18,167 people who have recovered.
HERE’S THE BREAKDOWN OF NEW CASES:
- 19 cases are close contacts of confirmed cases
- 6 cases are community acquired
- 20 cases are still under investigation
OUTBREAKS IN THE REGION:
- 19 workplaces
- 1 long-term care or retirement home
- 2 community outbreaks
WINDSOR-ESSEX RESIDENTS VACCINATED:
- 308,370 WEC residents have received at least one dose of a vaccine
- 26,562 WEC residents have received only 1 dose of a vaccine
- 281,808 WEC residents have received both doses of a vaccine
- A total of 590,178 doses have been administered to WEC residents
- 81.3% of WEC residents 12+ have received at least 1 dose
- 74.3% of WEC residents 12+ are fully vaccinated