Crews deal with three fires Friday morning
Windsor fire crews were kept busy Friday morning dealing with three seperate fires throughout the city.
The latest is a residential fire at 820 Dougall Avenue which broke out around 7:30 a.m.
Fire fighters arrived to find heavy smoke coming from the roof of the building.
All occupants were able to make it out of the home safely.
Moy Ave Fire:
A father and daughter were rescued from a home on Moy Avenue after a fire broke out Friday morning.
Fire crews responded to the call at 890 Moy Avenue around 6:10 a.m.
Fire fighters arrived to find heavy smoke conditions and visible flames.
EMS treated the father and daughter for minor smoke inhalation.
Officials say the fire was caused by a failure of a cord on a space heater. Damage is estimated at $70,000.
Fire at 137 Bruce St:
An apartment fire at 137 Bruce Street caused about $60,000 in damages.
No one was injured but one person is displaced.
The cause of the fire was determined to be unattended cooking.