$220K fire displaces residents in a Forest Glade neighbourhood
Large flames and black smoke exit a townhouse at 2667 Scarsdale Road in Windsor, Ont. on Thursday, Aug. 7, 2014. (Frank Krawl)
At least 20 people were forced from their homes on Thursday, following a fire in a Forest Glade neighbourhood.
Crews arrived to 2667 Scarsdale Rd. just before 4 p.m..to find large flames and black smoke exiting the multi-dwelling townhouse near the Canadian Tire store.
One person was taken to hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation.
Firefighters were able to confine the flames to one unit, which was reported to be gutted.
Officials say five other units had smoke and water damage – unattended cooking appears to be the cause.
Damage is estimated at $220,0000