WINDSOR, ONT. -- Windsor fire crews responded to an apartment fire on Ouellette Avenue said to be caused by unattended cooking.

Windsor Fire and Rescue Services are asking the public to steer clear of the area on the corner of Ouellette Avenue and Tecumseh Road. Crews responded to the scene at around 5:50 p.m. Tuesday.

The fire is believed to be a result of  cooking on the seventh floor, Windsor fire says. Crews performed ventilation to remove smoke from the area.

Windsor fire says the damage is limited to minor smoke inside the suit and there is no fire damage.

No injuries have been reported and all residents have returned back to their apartments.