What's opened what's closed in Windsor-Essex, Chatham-Kent on Canada Day
CP24, open, closed
With the long weekend coming up, there are a number of closures across the region to look out for this Canada Day.
Here’s a list of what’s open and closed Friday, July 1:
- Devonshire Mall is open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tecumseh Mall is open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Windsor Crossings is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Grocery stores
- Select Beer Store locations
- Post offices
- Government officers
- Public Library branches
- LCBO stores
CITY OF WINDSOR SERVICES:
- 311 Customer Contact Centre: The 311 Customer Contact Centre will be closed . The contact centre will reopen on Monday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. 311 services and information are also available online
- 211 Windsor-Essex: The 211 Call Centre will be open 24 hours on Friday
- Garbage and Recycling Collections: There will be no residential collection services on Friday. Residential garbage, yard waste and recycling collection services will be delayed by one day.
- Public Drop-Off and Household Chemical Waste Depots
- The depots located at the northeast corner of Central Avenue and North Service Road East will be closed.
- Parks and Recreation: Community centres and arenas will be closed on Friday, except for any already booked rentals or events.
- Sandpoint Beach will be open with lifeguards on duty from 1 p.m. to 7 p.m., and the park-based splash pads will be available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Atkinson, Central, Mic Mac, Remington Booster and Riverside Centennial outdoor pools will be open from 1:30 p.m. until 4:30 p.m. for afternoon recreational swimming.
- Lakeview Park Marina will be open during regular hours on Friday.
- Homelessness & Housing Help Hub (H4): The day program at 400 Wyandotte Street East (Windsor Water World) will be open regular hours, 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Friday, to offer services for people experiencing homelessness. Call (519) 253-3806 for more information.
- Adventure Bay Family Water Park: Adventure Bay Family Water Park Presented by WFCU Credit Union will be opening for the season on Monday, July 4 operating from 12 p.m. until 4 p.m. daily until Labour Day weekend.
- Parking Enforcement: Municipal ticket payment offices will be closed/
- Museum Windsor: The Chimczuk Museum and François Baby House locations are open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on July 1, 2022.
- Transit Windsor: Transit Windsor buses are operating on the Sunday/Holiday schedule on Canada Day. The customer service office at 300 Chatham Street West will be open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and the sales office at 3700 North Service Road East will be closed.
TOWN OF TECUMSEH SERVICES:
- Town Hall: The Town of Tecumseh offices will be closed on Friday, July 1 to celebrate the Canada Day holiday.
- Transit: There will be no transit service on Canada Day.
- Tecumseh Arena and Recreation Complex: The Arena and Administrative Office will be closed on Friday, July 1 for the Canada Day holiday.
- Garbage Collection: There are no changes to the Garbage Collection schedule.
COUNTY OF ESSEX SERVICES:
- Town Hall: Town Hall and Gesto offices will be closed for Canada Day.
MUNICIPALITY OF CHATHAM-KENT SERVICES:
- Town Hall: Municipal offices and most services will be closed Friday
- Cemetery Operations: Cemeteries staff will be available on call for funeral homes that need at-need lot sales or internment orders.
- RIDE CK: All Ride CK Transit services will not operate Friday.
- Emergency Services: Police, Fire and Ambulance are operational 24 hours a day, every day, and are accessible by dialing “911” for emergency calls only. The Fire Administration office will be closed on Friday, re-opening on Monday, July 4 at 8:30 a.m.
- Arts and Culture: Chatham Capitol Theatre, Kiwanis Theatre, Chatham Cultural Centre, Chatham-Kent Museum, Ridge House Museum, Thames Art Gallery and ARTspace, will be closed Friday. The Milner House will be open 11-4.
- Entegrus and Public Utilities Commission: Entegrus and the Public Utilities Commission will be closed. The emergency call number is 519-352-6300.
- Health and Family Services Building: The Health and Family Services building will be closed Friday.
- Emergency Rapid Rehousing Program: During the evening, on weekends, and holidays, please call the after-hours Homeless Response Line at 519-354-6628 for homeless emergencies within Chatham-Kent. This number is available 24/7.
- EarlyON: All EarlyON programs are closed Friday.
- Public Health King Street: Public Health King Street will be closed Friday, July 1. Essential after-hours Public Health services are available by calling 1-866-446-8207.
- Pools – Blenheim Gable Rees Rotary Pool and Wallaceburg Sydenham Pool will be open for a Free Rec Swim from 1:30 – 4:00 p.m., all other programming is cancelled. All outdoor pools will be closed.
- Arenas: All arenas are closed.
- Riverview Gardens: Reception and administrative offices will be closed. Nursing staff can be reached 24/7 by calling 519-352-4823.
- Waste and Recycling: Collection services will be delayed by one day for the whole week of July 4.
- Transfer Stations: The Harwich and Wallaceburg Transfer Stations will be closed Friday. All other transfer stations will be open during regular hours.
- Leaf and Yard Depots: All Leaf and Yard Depots will be closed.
- Chatham-Kent Tourism: CK Tourism will be closed. To access visitor information at any time, go to visitck.