WECHU reports three new COVID-19 cases in the region
The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit in Windsor, Ont.,on Monday, Nov.2, 2020. (Chris Campbell / CTV Windsor)
WINDSOR, ONT. -- The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit is reporting three new cases of COVID-19 in the region on Tuesday.
Windsor-Essex has had a total of 16,872 confirmed cases of the virus, including 16,412 people who have recovered.
There have been 1,995 preliminary or confirmed variant of concern cases identified.
Here’s a breakdown of the new cases:
- One is a close contact of a confirmed case
- Two cases are community acquired
The death toll related to COVID-19 remains at 435 people.
There are 24 active COVID cases in the region, four are variants of concern (VOC) and 20 non-VOC cases. Currently, there are no COVID-19 cases in hospital.
There is an outbreak of the virus at an agriculture facility in Kingsville.
Windsor-Essex residents vaccinated:
- 286,161 WEC residents have received at least one dose of a vaccine
- 40,311 WEC residents have received only 1 dose of a vaccine
- 245,850 WEC residents have received both doses of a vaccine
- A total of 532,011 doses have been administered to WEC residents
Seventy-seven per cent of adults in Windsor-Essex have received at least one dose of the vaccine while 81 per cent of Ontario has received at least one dose.
In Windsor-Essex 67.2 per cent of adults are fully vaccinated.