WECHU reports 59 new COVID-19 cases, one additional death
The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit in Windsor, Ont., on Tuesday, Aug. 4, 2020. (Chris Campbell / CTV Windsor)
WINDSOR, ONT. -- The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit reported 59 new cases of COVID-19 and one additional death on Saturday.
WECHU says a woman in her 60s from the community has passed away related to the virus.
The death toll related to COVID-19 now sits at 402 people.
Windsor-Essex has had a total of 13,742 confirmed cases of the virus, including 13,089 people who have recovered.
Here’s the breakdown of new cases:
- 13 are related to close contacts of a confirmed case
- 10 are considered community acquired
- 36 are still under investigation
WECHU says 251 cases are considered active. There are 16 people with confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the hospital including five people in the ICU.
The health unit says 56 local Variant of Concern (VOC) cases have been identified in Windsor-Essex.
There are 11 outbreaks in the region, including six at workplaces, five community outbreaks and one at W.F. Herman Secondary School.
Here’s the number of Windsor-Essex County residents vaccinated:
- 68,766 have received their first dose of the vaccine
- 12,082 have received both doses of the vaccine
- A total of 80,848 doses have been administered to Windsor-Essex County residents