Unattended cooking blamed for fire at Smashed Apple Catering
Firefighters were called to Smashed Apple Catering in Amherstburg, Ont., on Thursday, Oct. 13, 2016. (Arms Bumanlag / AM800)
Amherstburg fire officials say unattended cooking caused a fire at Smashed Apple Catering.
Damage is estimated at $3,000.
Firefighters were called to the kitchen fire in the 100 block of Sandwich Street South on Thursday morning.
Officials say the kitchen suppression system contained the blaze to the stove area until firefighters extinguished the remaining fire.