Overheated wood stovepipe cause of George Avenue Fire
Firefighters battle a blaze at the 1200 block of George Avenue Thursday, Nov. 9, 2017. (Sacha Long / CTV Windsor)
Published Friday, November 10, 2017 9:21AM EST
Last Updated Friday, November 10, 2017 10:26AM EST
Windsor Firefighters are investigating after a house fire in the 1200 block of George Avenue.
Flames broke out in the attic of the home Thursday around 7 p.m. when an overheated wood stovepipe lit some nearby combustibles on fire.
It took crews about two hours to put the fire out.
All residents inside the house managed to make it out safely and no injuries are reported in the blaze.
Fire officials remind residents using wood stoves to ensure the chimney is cleaned regularly.