Victoria Day: What's Open and Closed
Victoria Day is a statutory holiday in Canada, and many businesses will be closed today as a result.
The holiday honours Queen Victoria's birthday, May 24, 1819. Victoria died Jan. 22, 1901, at age 82, the longest-reigning British monarch in history.
The Victoria Day long weekend is considered an unofficial kick-off to summer. Here’s a look at what’s open and closed around Windsor:
- All Beer Stores and LCBO locations
- Government offices
- Most grocery stores and pharmacies
- Mail delivery
- Garbage pickup will resume Tuesday
- Adventure Bay Water Park: 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Windsor International Aquatic and Training Centre
- Movie Theatres
- City buses will be operating on a holiday schedule