A small fire at the hospital's downtown campus forced the evacuation of an entire floor Monday night.

Windsor fire responded to Windsor Regional Hospital's Ouellette campus shortly after 6:00.

Fire officials say a fire broke out in a patient's bedroom on the third floor.

The fire was quickly put out but the wing was evacuated while crews vented the space.

The cause will go down as careless smokingby a patient inside their hospital room.

Fire investigators estimate roughly $10,000 of damage.

No injuries are reported.