Four Walmart employees in Windsor test positive for COVID-19
Walmart store in East Windsor, Ont. on Thursday, July 23 2020. (Rich Garton/CTV Windsor)
WINDSOR, ONT. -- Four employees at Walmart stores in Windsor have recently tested positive for COVID-19.
There are three associates from the East Windsor Walmart who tested positive for the virus as well as one who worked at the South Windsor location.
“We are in contact with the associates and are keeping them in our thoughts. Everyone at Walmart wishes them a speedy recovery,” Adam Grachnick, Walmart director of corporate affairs told CTV News in an email Thursday.
Two employees have been off work since July 1 and 2, while an employee at the East Windsor location’s last shift was July 12 and another July 14.
“Out of an abundance of caution, associates identified as being in close prolonged contact have been directed to self-isolate,” Grachnick said. “We also have regular enhanced cleaning in the stores and other social distancing measures. We are in contact with public health about all cases.”
Grachnick said Walmart will continue to take measures to “ensure the well-being of our customers and associates,” including:
- Increased cleaning throughout the stores
- Wellness checks that include a temperate check for all associates at the start of each shift.
- Limiting the number of customers shopping in the stores at one time.
- Cleaning shopping carts.
- Encouraging regular handwashing and offering associates gloves, masks, and to regularly clean their work areas (including checkouts).
- Installed plexi-glass dividers at registers, customer service desks and in our pharmacies.
- Introduced floor markings and one-way aisles to create physical distancing.