Fire destroys home in Bothwell
Firefighters battle a house fire in Bothwell. (Bothwell Fire Department)
An electrical fire has left a home in Bothwell in ruins.
The bungalow at 135 Oak Street went up in flames just before midnight Tuesday. No one was injured in the fire but the home is a total loss.
Chatham Kent Fire and Emergency Services says one person was home at the time of the fire but was able to exit. Paramedics transported them to hospital as a precaution due to exposure to smoke.
A total damage estimate is set at $120,000.
There was also an electrical fire at a home on Maynard Line in Harwich around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Firefighters extinguished the flames located within the wall and attic on the second floor of the home.
Fire officials say the cause was a window air conditioner that was being fed by old knob and tube wiring.
No one was hurt.
Damage in the second fire is pegged at $20,000.