Fire at St. Clair College residence quickly extinguished but damages total thousands of dollars
Fire crews respond to a blaze at a St. Clair College residence on Friday, July 27, 2018. (Ricardo Veneza / CTV Windsor)
A fire on the fifth floor of St. Clair College's main campus residence in Windsor was caused by a candle.
That according to Windsor fire officials who responded to the blaze around 5:30 p.m. Friday.
Firefighters searched the residence to ensure nobody was still inside the building and quickly got the fire under control.
No injuries were reported.
Officials say the candle was left on a desk in a room on the top floor of the residential building.
Damage, estimated at $50,000, was contained to the room.