Skip to main content

Faulty electrical equipment leads to house fire in LaSalle, causing $45,000 in damage

Firefighters responded to an attic fire in the 400 block of Victory Street in LaSalle, Ont. on Sunday, Aug. 8, 2021. (OnLocation/Twitter) Firefighters responded to an attic fire in the 400 block of Victory Street in LaSalle, Ont. on Sunday, Aug. 8, 2021. (OnLocation/Twitter)
Share
Windsor, Ont. -

Damage to a LaSalle home following an electrical fire was limited thanks to an alert citizen and a quick response from fire crews, officials say.

Fire crews were on scene of an attic fire in the 400 block of Victory Street Sunday morning.

The house was unoccupied at the time of the blaze, but a passerby noticed smoke coming from the home and heard the fire alarms going off inside the house and alerted the fire department.

Firefighters quickly had the fire under control and started ventilating and overhauling the attic area.

Fire officials say there were no injuries reported and the damage was caused by faulty electrical equipment in the attic.

Damage is estimated at $45,000.

CTVNews.ca Top Stories

Who is Usha Vance, the wife of Trump's running mate?

JD Vance has had several introductions to the American people: as the author of a memoir on what ails the White working class, as a newly elected Republican senator in his home state of Ohio and, on Monday, as his party’s nominee for vice president. His wife, Usha, has been by his side through it all.

Stay Connected