Windsor fire officials say the owners of a Curry Avenue house have been charged for not providing functioning smoke and CO alarms after a fatal fire.

A female tenant died from smoke inhalation in the blaze at 395 Curry Ave. on Feb. 13.

The owner of the property told CTV News a few days after the fire, he feels he has done nothing wrong.  He says there were working smoke detectors that he and his tenants observed as recently as last summer.

"We did find a couple of smoke alarms, older, very old smoke alarms but they were non-operational, completely non-operational," said Windsor fire assistant deputy Andrea DeJong.

Windsor fire says the caused was determined as unattended cooking on stove. Damage is estimated at $150,000.