Council to look at $8M library facilities plan
An $8-million plan for restructuring neighbourhood branches of the Windsor Public Library is now complete and will be brought to city council for approval.
The facilities plan includes the following:
- Consolidating the South Walkerville and Remington branches and house them in a new addition at the optimist community centre.
- Adding a 6,000 square-foot addition to the Budimir library.
- Renovating the former Sandwich fire hall to create a brand new branch.
- The Seminole branch has been taken off the chopping block and the ongoing usage will be monitored annually.
- A future library branch at Devonshire Mall is still in the works. Leased space at Devonshire Mall is being sought.
The total estimated cost of all the moving and renovations is around $7.9 million.