Ontario's Ministry of Labour has charged Kingsville-based EnerQuest Services under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, in relation to a worker's death.

Wayne Affleck, 27 an apprentice electrician from Leamington, died while on the job almost a year ago.

His parents Don and Marlene Affleck say it's been a year of unanswered questions, and all they want is closure.

Marlene says, "You should be safe, okay. You're going to work, you should be safe."

And they say what makes their loss even greater is they still don't know how he died.

"Right from the day we went there, even the police said to us, 'There's supposed to be no hydro in this building, so we're still trying to figure out what happened,'" Don adds.

Wayne had travelled with the power equipment installer to complete a job at a solar farm in Sunderland, Ont.

He was found dead on Dec. 13, 2013.

Marlene says, "Whatever happened, it shouldn't have happened. Somebody needs to be accountable for it."

Enerquest now faces four charges, including one that states, "The power supply to the electrical equipment, installation or conductor shall be disconnected."

The ministry claims the company failed "as employer to take all precautions reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of a worker."

Company owner Bill Parr says he can't comment on specifics, but says their deepest sympathies go out to Wayne's family.

"It's hard to believe that a year has gone by with the loss of Wayne...Not a day goes by that we don't think about him and honour his memory...and ensure all products and all electrical codes of the electrical energy market are safe for all workers."

The Affleck family says they will be at all future court proceedings, which will take place in Whitby, Ont.

"I just want answers, that's all I want, answers. And I want to make sure it never happens again," Marlene says.

The company will make its first court appearance on Jan. 7.