Busy night for fire crews in Windsor and Leamington
Fire crews battle a residential fire on Reading Street in Windsor, Ont, on Wednesday, January 6, 2016. (Arms Bumanlag / AM800)
Windsor fire crews battled a residential fire on Reading Street hours after dealing with an apartment fire in downtown Windsor.
The fire was reported around 6:45 a.m. Upon arrival crews reported heavy fire conditions to the home.
The residents were able to make it out of the building.
Crews switched to an exterior aerial attack upon discovering that the fire was coming from the attic.
Damage is pegged at $215,000. Fire officials say it originated in the attic.
Two people were displaced, but there were no injuries.
Ouellette Avenue Fire
It was a busy night for Windsor fire fighters as earlier in the morning crews were called to an apartment fire on Ouellette Avenue.
The fire at Maybelle Apartments was reported around 3 a.m. and was quickly brought under control.
Damage was estimated at $30,000 and was contained to one unit. Everyone made it out safely.
The cause is listed as unattended cooking.
Barn Fire in Leamington
Tuesday evening Leamington fire fighters worked to contain a large barn fire that caused around $300,000 in damages.
The barn is being called a total loss.
No one was injured in the incident.