A house on Rivard Avenue in Windsor has been severely damaged by fire.

Fire crews were called to the scene at 2808 Rivard Ave. around 12 p.m. Sunday.

Windsor fire says everyone was evacuated safely.

Crews stripped the gutter and blasted the roof with water in an effort to extinguish the blaze.

They were on scene for hours, putting out hot spots as the home continued to smoke.

Damage has been estimated at $100,000.

Investigators believe the fire was  started by an incense burner.

The home is owned by the Windsor Housing Corporation, and 11 people have been displaced.