Articles by Rich Garton
- Negotiations for new Ambassador Bridge truck plaza in Sandwich Town 'very much a live issue'
- Windsor West MP commends transfer of Ojibway Shores to Parks Canada, but upset over delays
- Windsor to accept more asylum seekers, but renews calls for federal support
- Windsor getting $7.8 million for affordable housing initiative
- 'The plan needs to be urgent': Windsor council wants feds to act on emergency commission recommendations
- Windsor boy gets surprise of a lifetime from local TikTok star
- 'Which time under oath did you lie?': Murder trial witness confesses to lying during testimony
- Windsor Star printing plant workers plead to preserve century-old archives
- Windsor council pledges to 'aspirational' goal of getting 13,000 homes built over next 8 years
- 'I was worried for my safety': Witness takes stand in Windsor murder trial
Rich Garton was born and raised in Oakville before leaving home to attend the University of Windsor. After completing a double major in communications and political science in the Rose City, Rich made the trip down the 401 to London to earn his Master of Arts degree in journalism at the University of Western Ontario.
When school came to an end, Rich returned to make Windsor home, marry his wife, Hannah, and pursue a career in news broadcasting. Shortly thereafter, in 2009, he landed at CHWI and has been a writer, videographer and reporter ever since.
Rich’s favourite part of the job is reaching out, meeting people and telling their stories every day. “Whether it’s about someone whose home has been devastated by a tornado or a group of special needs children learning to ride bikes for the first time, the stories we tell are about people’s lives changing in some way. And it’s a special feeling to be involved.”
In his spare time, Rich enjoys running, watching movies, reading and playing (or arguing about) pretty much any sport you challenge him to. He hopes one day he may get to celebrate a Stanley Cup victory wearing the blue and white on Yonge Street in Toronto… but he isn’t holding his breath.