Articles by Bob Bellacicco
- Verge of a Stellantis battery plant deal? Politicians and leaders weigh in
- Pilot project capturing downtown Windsor activity
- Windsor's downtown core may benefit from the return of the grand prix to downtown Detroit
- Event scoring for GOALS
- Revamped drum marathon paying off
- Petro family’s last lap at Malden Park
- Inflation takes bite out of school breakfast programs
- Looking to cross into Detroit next week? What you should know before travelling
- Deadline to open backyard pools in Windsor fast approaching
- County mayors chime in as Stellantis stalemate continues
Bob is a graduate of St. Clair College in Windsor and Spec’s Howard School of Broadcast Arts in Southfield, Mich.
Upon graduation, Bob worked at CHUM radio as a board operator before moving to CBC Windsor in the same capacity.
In February 1998, Bob was asked to be a cameraman. On his first day he shot a carjacking and was later featured on the U.S. show Inside Edition.
Soon afterwards, he joined CHWI-TV. He started as the weekend reporter and got a broad taste of the television business working on the station’s morning show. On NEW DAY he was a cameraman, producer and fill-in host.
Bob has a passion for sports stories in the community, but also the experience to cover breaking news events across Windsor-Essex.
Bob has covered the 2005 NBA finals, 2006 Superbowl, 2008 and 2009 Stanley Cup finals, 2009 NCAA Final Four, 2010 Memorial Cup and 2012 World Series.
Bob is an avid ball hockey player and enjoys fitness. He volunteers his time as a coach and is involved with local charities. He is married to Maryann and has two children, Joey and Cristina.