52 new COVID-19 cases reported in Windsor-Essex, zero deaths
The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit in Windsor, Ont.,on Monday, Nov.2, 2020. (Chris Campbell / CTV Windsor)
WINDSOR, ONT. -- The Windsor-Essex County Health Unit reported 52 new cases of COVID-19 and no new deaths on Saturday.
The death toll related to COVID-19 has reached 421 people.
Windsor-Essex has had a total of 16,063 confirmed cases of the virus, including 15,289 people who have recovered.
Breakdown of new cases:
- 11 cases are community acquired
- 26 cases are close contacts of confirmed cases
- 15 cases are still under investigation
Outbreaks in the region:
- 5 workplaces are in COVID-19 outbreak
- 1 community outbreak
There are 19 Windsor-Essex residents with confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the hospital with three people are in the ICU.
There are 353 cases considered active, of those cases 200 have been identified as Variants of Concern (VOC) and 153 are non-VOC.
According to the health unit website, 1,364 preliminary or confirmed Variant of Concern (VOC) cases have been identified.
Windsor-Essex County residents vaccinated:
- 196,736 WEC residents have received at least one dose of a vaccine
- 181,719 WEC residents have received only 1 dose of a vaccine
- 15,017 WEC residents have received both doses of a vaccine
- A total of 211,753 doses have been administered to WEC residents