2020 Business Excellence Awards' winners announced
Jason Toner presenting Entrepreneur of the Year to Michael Difazio, owner, Michael Difazio Reclaim Artistry. (Courtesy Jason Toner/Facebook)
WINDSOR, ONT -- The Windsor-Essex Chamber of Commerce has announced the winners of its Business Excellence Awards (BEAs).
A total of 12 Awards were presented virtually on Thursday, May 20 due to COVID-19 restrictions on indoor gatherings.
The theme of the broadcast was the Early Evening Show with Gordon Orr. This was the fourth time the CEO of Tourism Windsor Essex Pelee Island has MC’d the BEAs.
The Business Excellence Awards are organized by a volunteer committee consisting of community leaders and chaired by Jason Toner, director of marketing and communications at Tourism Windsor Essex.
While the pandemic has made most award presentations nearly impossible.
This year's recipients of the Windsor Essex Business Excellence awards weren't disappointed, the chair brought the honour to the winners.
Toner traveled the city last evening and presented the 12 awards safely in-person, instead of on-stage.
Judging by the smiles of the recipients the effort was much appreciated.
The mandate of the Business Excellence Awards is to continue the tradition of honouring business and professional achievements in Windsor Essex on an annual basis.
The BEAs recognize successful businesses and people and the contributions they make to the growth and prosperity of our economy.
This recognition is especially important during the coronavirus pandemic while businesses continue to face unique challenges to their operations.
2020-21 Award Winners:
- ATHENA Leadership Award – Marlene Corey, YourTV
- Believe Windsor-Essex Award – Farrow
- Entrepreneur of the Year – Michael Difazio, Owner, Michael Difazio Reclaim Artistry
- Green Innovation – GreenerFarms
- Large Company of the Year – Cavalier Tool and Manufacturing
- Mid-Size Company of the Year – Brave Control Solutions
- New Company of the Year – Plant Joy
- Pillars of our Community – Canadian Mental Health Association, Windsor-Essex County Branch
- Professional of the Year – Janice Kaffer, President and CEO, Hotel Dieu Grace Healthcare
- Small Company of the Year – Colasanti Controls
- Tourism and Hospitality Award – North 42 Degrees Estate Winery
- Young Professional of the Year Award – Dr. Maxwell Abraham, Owner, Abraham Orthodontics